Sunday, May 2, 2010

RAMA- From Epic to Real world !!


Dear Readers,

Namaskaar!
Writing after long break so you may not find it that connecting as it used to be earlier. Apologies for same!
I am realizing this great tool as one of the Characteristic Archive book of an individual which keeps on updating with time & experience (personal + professional). Taking my own example, since the time i wrote my first few blogs, i had seen lot many changes in my professional as well as personal life which has given me opportunity to look at life in a more matured way & you may also feel that is getting reflected in my blog posts. J

These days, as i am based in Beijing, i planned to invest my time in watching an Indian epic. Luckily, out of loads of Epics from India, I was very enthralled & excited to watch RAMAYAN- STORY OF RAMA. There were reasons to this enthusiasm- First (1), This epical story used to get broadcasted on National television in India when I was around Six, so, I had some memories but not very clear attached to it. People used to sit together over the weekend waiting for this 30 mins series to start. They used to pray infront of TV. No more memories except this. Second (2), Since I get to an age of 20’s my father always used to say “I want you to be Like Rama” & being lack of knowledge about this epical Character I used to always say “I cant be! I am not that old fashioned & I cant do what he did. Its not practical or time has changed. bla bla..”

Interestingly, I happened to read the entire Ramayana when I was in college. It always gave me some internal power which is difficult to express in words, can only be felt especially at times when I used to feel lack of mental peace, alone, broken. Even by reading I was not able to absorb the essence of this story as I completed it in breaks in almost 6 years. J Also, being in India, whenever you will open TV, you will have loads of program running so you will rarely open DVD collection of this great story. Possibly, God has destined right time for everything & for me it was when I am in Beijing.

I started watching this story with my spouse daily for 1 hour or sometime 2 hours in evening. Slowly, I started having a different feeling about same story. Even though I have just finished one quarter of it, I could see same Rama- as a man of Characteristics, words, who knows his boundaries. He is the person who did not think for a second to the wish or promises of this parents (father) made to someone. He happily went for exile of 14 years because his father had given words to one of her mother. I felt, was or is it difficult to do same for my father? Answer obviously was YES! But apparently when you see the delight that we can give to our parents by ASSURING THEM THAT WE ARE THE ONE WHO CAN BE BEHIND THEIR WORDS NO MATTER WHAT EVER COULD HAPPEN, THEN WORLD FOR THEM WOULD BE DIFFERENT. They will be in special planet of contentment. I did same & found the result in front of me. Over webcam, I could see tears in my father’s eyes out of happiness. For years, he was waiting to listen this & its coming now. Seeing this practically, my very first reaction was “Oh My God! What I did in past? Why did you take so long to get me this wisdom? (I should have seen this when I was 21.)Why I couldn’t give this happiness to my parents earlier?” Answer to all those questions is probably same- NO ONE GETS ANYTHING BEFORE TIME & MORE THAN DESTINED.

Learning from this Grand Epical, I feel every human being has a Rama inside its just getting to know him & his potential. What he can do once awaken within you?

I know it will be exaggerated the moment I will say I have awoked my inherent Rama but nevertheless its true that I have promised myself that I will strive to bring my Rama in Practical world (my daily practices) from Great Indian Epic- Ramayan!

Will you be next? Do watch this Epic.

Happy Reading,

GauRAvMudgal /Garry!(GM)

2 comments:

P.N.Mudgal said...

Ramji is infact and indeed not a supernatural person having all noble principle but a real person of this real world that is why Shri Tulsidas ji has named him Maryada Purshotam Ram. A man who has all the powers and authority at his commend and it has no ends but knowingly he practise his life in this Universe with boundaries conducting himself a good man though keeping all the misdeed of a man in his sight with a caution to keep these misdeed away from him even though he was ready to pay price for it time and again.Moments came in his life when he showed his real strength being Almighty himself just for the sake of his principle that such strenghtful person can do any thing without any control from any quarter and none can question but such a man must restrain himself with wisdom to be a Maryadit man because every action has reaction. This action must always be a just action. What is just? Ought to be in a given situation. The golden rule is What we ought from others that others should do towards to me in a given situtation, same sould be done by me in that circumstances, this is nothing noble but a real and just action.Hence maryadit jeevan is what ever u have at your command but act just and fair no doubt without any fear. This what the courts propound as a principle of natural justice which we all charish from others that they should act but Ramji shows that one should do that to others without feeling in return b ecause what you will reap that you will receive automatically today or tomorrow. This is the princikple which is enshrined in the Constitution also under the heading Fudamental Rights,These rights are guranteed but in practice are with reasonable restriction... ought to be. Mauryada of human beings in his actions. This what i could understand with Mauryada Pursotam Ram in practice. Maryada has to be acted by be not should be claimed with others. When all will do in same way there will be Ram rajya. I will be governed by myself. I proud of my son that he has started his journey towards the right direction of human life.
your loving father

mayank tewari said...

Colourful blog...nice..