Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Learning of last one year: FEEL POSITIVE

Hello Friends!
Once again welcome to my world.
Before starting, I would like to thanks to one of my friend for inspiring me to write this blog. "INSPIRATION", you will find I have been very used to this word. I believe in saying, "Life is a learning process & learning is a life long process". So, if one wish to learn all the time, how that learning will come. He/she really need to observe things around him/her & get inspiration from them to learn & learn. This inspiration can come from living creatures (human, animal, and plants), nature, behaviors or thoughts. I believe thoughts uses a different mathematics in which 1*1 is not 1 but equivalent to 11. Every, day in day out, we keep on inspiring from thoughts of others. Some time we take those thoughts as it is or sometime we build on that. Hence my this blog starts w/ building on one of my friend's thoughts "On the Job!” Nice title. Isn’t it?
As I have mentioned earlier, I started working around a year back. To set the context, I had masters in Packaging. In college, we all have been shown by our professors a virtual industry where we will enter after completing the course. Our brain was potted with those titles & that set-type of industrial work. But what happen in actual world, THE PRACTICAL WORLD. It’s different. There are loads of different jobs in industry after completing any course from a college. But we generally tend to keep thinking process to be like "Frog in a well". We don’t prefer to jump out of (Well) our comfortable zone. That’s our biggest mistake! I mean it, that’s the biggest mistake. Life is about to experiment & learn from them. How one can say a job is better or bad just because other perceives it that way. Perception is a subjective phenomenon. The way I perceive a particular thing or situation will be different, you perceive it. So, don’t afraid to experiment.
I agree with the thought “Grass is always greener on the other side”. When I joined my company I used to have predefined loads of expectations about my job which really dint gel with real expectations of my company. After few months I started feeling same as most of us feel, “I am not at the best place, there is some other place better than this”. This feeling starts getting stronger as I used to talk to my peers regarding their work.
One day out of depression, I was just dwelling deep into my thoughts and got a pearl out there- “+ve Feeling” (What’s this, I will explain further). Seems simple, nothing great about it. I can just give one example to explain difference between Saying & Feeling. It’s easier to say that when a child is born mother has a labor pain but only she can Feel it. Rest all of us can only say but can’t feel it. Similar, is with POSITIVE FEELING. We must have heard loads of people talking about think positive but it dint come up just by saying. We need to feel it, breathe it, live it every single second of the day. Hence I termed this Positive Feeling instead of thinking.

Impact of Positive feeling: I thought, there may be some problems with my current job but who don’t have. Name me one person who doesn’t have problem with either company or boss or job. Hence that’s a universal phenomenon. Now, if you want to compare your company or job compare in “+ve terms”. And then I realized its totally different world. Same job which I find not so good earlier, was now best in class. No one can get such job in his/her life. If looked from this angle, people will wish/pray to get this type of job. And henceforth I started living each & every second of my job.
By this positive feeling, I learnt few Golden Rules which I would like to quote here:
1. The job which you get from campus is the best job in its own unique way. Feel that & love it!
2. We study some profession to get the KICK-OFF start into The Practical World. But it doesn’t mean you should constraint yourself to that field only. You may be best in some other job which you will realize after sometime. So, don’t hesitate to move into that direction even if you are changing your main core profession. Your luck & smart performance will take you to the peak where ever you are.
3. Life is like a train & best job meant for you is like a seat in a train, already booked by God somewhere in some coach (refer here as company). During campus placement, you are standing on one of the stations (opportunities) where train will stop. It might be possible that you are not standing in front of the right coach (company) when train stops. Now you have two options:
A. Either keep standing & start shouting/crying that you don’t want to board the train because its doesn’t have right coach in front of you.
B. Or Get into the train whichever coach is in front of you, go well along till some stops (time span you spend in a company) & on some other stop (time when you get other opportunity), change the coach (company) if you don’t like it.
If I have been asked, I will always opt & suggest to opt second option. See you are experimenting here with that coach. You will learn something there & then change the coach. As God has destined everyone with pre-booked coaches & seat for a particular distance. You will by yourself reach to right seat in right coach during this travel.
On the other hand if you will miss the train, then whole life you can only regret for what you lost. It will never come again.
4. Whatever job you are given, do it best & learn maximum out of it. How you can do that? Keep only one thing in mind, the job which you are doing now will never come again to your life. So, that’s the one & only opportunity to learn best out of it.
5. Always strive for learning. Don’t let your belly settle down if you are not learning. Even if you are a cobbler, aim to be the Best Cobbler in the world.
6. Leverage your learning. What ever you have learnt from your own experiments that’s the biggest asset one can have. Leverage it (don’t just keep it). Make it base & try to innovate how you do your work. This will keep your learning graph moving up, up, up & up even though you have learnt most out of traditional way of doing the same job.
7. Last but not the least, don’t forget, “God always does good to everyone, it’s just the way we look at things.”

So, finishing with this hope that this will help someone, somewhere to get to the
re best level @ their current job by using mantra. "FEEL POSITIVE"

Happy Blogging!
Garry!(GM)

1 comment:

Sameer Pandey said...

Boss I read lot of blogs and write also.You hv a gr8 start..This one is really very very gud n it matches my thinking also.
Keep bloggingg.. dude..