Sunday, August 17, 2008

Striving Warrior- Thats Me!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to my world!
Before i will start writing blogs, i wish to introduce myself to this new world of bloggers. I hope people won't mind, if i write more than required.
My name is Gaurav Mudgal, friends too call me either Garry or GM, born & brought up in Delhi.
Someone has truly said "Destiny takes you where you should be; mostly away from childhood dreams".
When i was tyke, Parents used to dream me to be Pilot or in Navy and i wanted to be a soft engg. who can develop softwares & can control so called stupid boxes. Hence got Science with additional sub as Comp. Unbelievably, i gt failed in very 1st exam of mine in computers. And all at home were shocked (Just to quote, till now, i got failed in two subjects both in 11th standard. other was Chemistry). Then after sometime find it interesting with all that Boolean algebra, syntax, debugging fundas..In 12th, i developed a small software in Fox pro for Railway Reservation Systems. Always dreamt of getting into IIT but as usual, Dad told me after consulting teachers, do preparation in 12th class. Then told after 12th, get a one yr drop and do prep. & when finally 12th ended, he told me not to waste 1 year and get admission in college. so took Electronic (honors) in SGTB khalsa college, Delhi University.
But destiny had designed something else for me. so i was sent forcefully to do Bachelors in Printing Technology. That was the turning point of my career. I was upset for almost an year then got adjusted. Then in 3rd yr got fever of MBA. Did prep for 3 months. Then left as got interest in Masters in Packaging Technology from Indian Institute of Packaging, Mumbai (Fortunately, that's the only institute in Asia which provides Masters in Packaging) and was always fascinated about Mumbai so took admission there. 2 years went like bullet & were one of my best days. Always used to be most notorious chap in my class. N yes! i got my name Garry during my masters from my friends.
Last year, from campus got recruited in Procter & Gamble (P&G) in R&D as Scientist @ Bangalore.
As interest/hobbies, i love sketching, traveling & connecting with new people to learn new avenues from them.
Last but not least, I will not loose this opportunity to say thanks to Rich for giving unsaid inspiration for writing blogs.
Happy Blogging!
Garry!(GM)

1 comment:

Richa Gupta said...

Hey Gary..

Thanks so much for appreciating my blog.. and good luck to you for your blog..
You have written so well about yourself.. Its good to know you.. M sure this way of expressing will help us knowing things better..

Carry on.. This is a good start!!

Take care
Rich